Friday, April 1, 2011

ADDC2011 Scrutineering



The new alternator is slightly bigger than the old one, which means another change to the serpentine belt length - we're now up to 2050mm. And investigation of the steering wobble leads to the discovery that the 'new' wheels I fitted for Hail are not, in fact, circular. So another trip to the wilds of BMW Road in Sharjah yields a secondhand set of original Nissan rims which are 100% straight, and a couple of decent Yokohamas as well. So I now have 6 (straight) rims on/in the car, and 4 spares on the truck. Result. Now if only I had the trailer tyres, life would be perfect.

Sadly, life isn't. TNT let us down, the tyres arrived on Wednesday and got snagged by customs on Thursday - and they don't re-open till Sunday. Bugger! So, sod it, I'll drive the race car to scrutineering and if we have a problem in the rally, I'll hire a recovery truck.

However, when one of Abu Dhabi's finest saw me heading down to Yas, he decided that a rally car shouldn't be on the road and pulled me up. He was all set to give me a ticket, but couldn't find exactly which traffic regulation I had infringed - so he let me off with a slap on the wrist. Another result!

We made a our midday scrutineering appointment, and spent the rest of the afternoon queueing and being scutineered. But mainly queueing - behind Novitsky (X3), Peterhansel (Mini) and Zapletal (L200) - which allowed ample time to renew old acquaintances. The two Powertec buggies were no-shows, sadly they couldn't be finished in time, although they had been registered - as motorbikes! Anyway, we're through scrutineering with minimal fuss. Third result!

Meanwhile, back at NewTrix HQ, Fred was getting stuck into loading the pickup with all kinds of everything, including a bunch of spares from the Nissan dealer, Al Rostamani, on sale-or-return. What nice people! Anyway, Fred was basically finished by the time we got back, which saved us a load of time, bless him. So he not only knows what's on the truck, but where it is - which is a change from previous years.

Tomorrow is drivers' briefing at Yas at 1100hrs, then start and prologue at 1500hrs at Marina Mall. After that, Rick heads off to the bivvy to set up camp, the rest of the team are overnight at the Rotana on Yas, and then it's 'game on'.

3 comments:

Loan said...

Item description

My Name is Mrs Monica Roland, i live in Denver CITY, USA and life is worth living comfortably for me andmy family now and i really have never seen goodness shown to me this much in my life as i am astruggling mum with two kids and i have been going through a serious problem as my husband encountered a terrible accident last Two weeks, and the doctors states that he needs to undergo a delicate surgery for him to be able to walk again and i could not afford the bill for his surgery then i went to the bank for a loan and they turn me down stating that i have no credit card, from there i run to my father and he was not able to help, then when i was browsing through Internet i came across a loan lender Name Mr.Jubrin Mohamed who provides loans at an affordable interest rate and i have been hearing about so many scams on the Internet but at this my desperate situation, i had no choice than to give it an attempt and surprisingly it was all like a dream, i received a loan of $30,000 USD and i paid for my husband surgery and thank GOD today he is okay and can walk and is working and the burden is longer so much on me anymore and we can feed well and my family is happy today and i said to myself that i will shout aloud to the world of the wonders of GOD to me through this GOD fearing lender Mr.Jubrin Mohamed and i will advise anyone in genuine and serious need of loan to contact this GOD fearing man through is office Email at: monicaroland086@gmail.com

Unknown said...

Hello Everybody,
My name is Ahmad Asnul Brunei, I contacted Mr Osman Loan Firm for a business loan amount of $250,000, Then i was told about the step of approving my requested loan amount, after taking the risk again because i was so much desperate of setting up a business to my greatest surprise, the loan amount was credited to my bank account within 24 banking hours without any stress of getting my loan. I was surprise because i was first fall a victim of scam! If you are interested of securing any loan amount & you are located in any country, I'll advise you can contact Mr Osman Loan Firm via email osmanloanserves@gmail.com

LOAN APPLICATION INFORMATION FORM
First name......
Middle name.....
2) Gender:.........
3) Loan Amount Needed:.........
4) Loan Duration:.........
5) Country:.........
6) Home Address:.........
7) Mobile Number:.........
8) Email address..........
9) Monthly Income:.....................
10) Occupation:...........................
11)Which site did you here about us.....................
Thanks and Best Regards.
Derek Email osmanloanserves@gmail.com

LOAN COMPANY said...

Instant Loans and Financing We offer 100% confidential services to meet all your financial needs at:ihjan51@gmail.com A simple and fast solution to get a professional personal loan with an interest rate of 3% and a repayment period of 12 to 360 months. Submit your request and you will receive an immediate response. Amount between CZK 15,000 and CZK 5,000,000. You will receive it within 24 hours at most.Contact us on our Email: ihjan51@gmail.com