Saturday, November 19, 2011

Best Laid Plans...

Just when we thought it was sorted, a bureaucratic problem rears its ugly head.
My residence visa expires in the middle of December, and according to the Saudi Embassy rules, they need a month of validity to issue a transit visa. Now with a bit of luck they might not spot it, but knowing them, they will.

But, as the great Baldrick would say, I have a cunning plan. I think this would be Plan C. This is to get Richard a transit visa, and let him drive my car, while I fly to Doha. There is bijou snagette in this, which is persuading the Saudi Emb that he has my permission to drive my car, but surely that must be solvable.

Watch this space for the next exciting episode in the Qatar Baja Saga...

1 comment:

Grumpy Goat said...

Best of luck with the visas and then with the rally. I regret I'll be in Dubai that weekend, so I can't stand on the sidelines and cheer you on.